Strangebutcharming asked you: Tag, you’re it! Here are the rules: each tagged person must post ten things about themselves. You have to choose and tag ten people. Go to their blogs and tell them you tagged them. No tag backs.
1. I don’t eat vegetables. Like, at all. I hate all of them (with the possible exception of potatoes, if it’s ever decided that they are officially a vegetable, rather than a grain or just a starch), and I can’t remember the last time I actually consumed one.
2. I am extremely socially awkward. For example, during my first day of Tae Kwon Do, I was so intimidated by all the kids and all the noise and was seriously considering running back out to my mother and telling her that I’d have to take private lessons after all. I sat in the far back corner, as far away from everything as possible, drew my knees up to my chest, and tried to be as tiny as possible. Of course, I did make friends, and the first day was the worst, but…well, that corner remained my favorite place for, like, three years. It became known as ‘Jill’s Corner’, and I was frequently called ‘Corner-Girl’.
3. I like to draw, and I’m okay at it. But I hate when people look at my art and say things like, “Wow! You’re really good!” Because I’m not, really, I’m just average, and when people say that, I feel like they’re insulting all the really freaking amazing artists out there. I want to pull up some of their pictures and shove them in said complimenter’s face, going, “No no no, see, this? THIS is real art!”
4. I go through all my Halloween candy within two weeks. It doesn’t matter how much I have, or if I try to ration it, or if my mom or my sister get into it; it’s always gone by November 14th.
5. I love Disney. Disney movies (Mulan, Swiss Family Robinson, Mary Poppins), Disney characters (Mushuu, Maximus, Edna Mode), Disney video games (I bought a PS2 just so I could play Kingdom Hearts), Disney music (from Strangers Like Me to Why Not), Disney parks (well, Disney World, anyway. More specifically the Magic Kingdom. And the Peter Pan ride. <3), even Disney Channel, to a degree (Lizzie McGuire, Kim Possible, Lilo and Stitch, and Phineas and Ferb).
6. I hate math, mostly because I’m not good at it. In order to learn anything, I have to hear it at least three times, read it four, and complete fifty-plus practice problems. And even then, I’m lucky if I remember it the next week, let alone months later during a final exam. Not to say that I can’t do it, but achieving C-level grades takes the same amount of effort as A-level grades do in pretty much any other subject, if not more.
7. I cannot stand the cold. At all. Like, it gets below 80 degrees outside, and I’m bundled up in a thick jacket with the hood up, and I’m sitting on my hands to keep them warm and they’re still going numb. In the middle of summer, I’ll still be in jeans and a jacket because by classrooms are air conditioned and I’ll freeze if I attend in shorts (and I live in Florida).
8. I like to cook – well, bake, really, but cooking isn’t bad either – and if it wasn’t so much hassle, I’d do it a lot more often. But if I want to make something, it’s likely either because I need the product as a present for someone else (a birthday gift, a welcome-home-from-college present, etc.), and feel all pressured about it being perfect, or just plain not a good present; or, I want to cook because I’m hungry, and it’s so much faster and more practical to throw some Poptarts into the toaster and be munching away in two minutes, instead of the half-hour or more it would take to actually prepare something.
9. While I’m totally in love with superheroes (Batman, Superman, Flash…you know, the usual), I’ve yet to actually read any of the comics. This is mostly because even the Wiki version of comic history is complicated and confusing, and I am incapable of jumping into something when I have little to no idea of what is going on. (I will read them someday, though! Likely when a new arc starts and I won’t be so helplessly confuzzled.) I have, however, been as obsessive over the characters as I can without actually reading: I’ve watched Justice League: Unlimited and Static Shock, and I’ve seen the Teen Titans series so many times I can practically quote it, line by line. Smallville remains the only non-animated series I’ve ever managed to watch the entirety of (and then go back and re-watch – best series ever), and I’ve seen the Batman movies (not just the new ones by Nolan, which I actually don’t like), and the Spider-Man movies, and the X-Men movies, and the X-Men: Evolution series. I watched all the Marvel origin movies (Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, etc) in one sitting. I was even Supergirl for Halloween. :D
10. If my sister ever does take over the world, she has promised that I can be Supreme Empress of Japan (and Italy too…I think. When I annoy her, she takes countries away).
…Somehow, the word count of almost 900 makes me feel like I put too much thought into this. OH WELL. It was fun, so who cares. Thank you for tagging me ^_^!
Because it’s pretty freaking awesome. I hug-tackle-glomped everybody, didn’t have to worry about being the odd person out when my instructor ordered everyone to partner up, and I don’t think I stopped grinning for the entire class, and for a good hour afterwards.
I love winter break. I missed having steady partners <3
I have yet another 1000 word economics paper due today that I haven’t even started. …And yet, here I am on Tumblr.